Monday, October 25, 2010

Why I Like/Dislike Facebook

I saw The Social Network a few weeks ago, and I wonder about the accuracy of the part where Zuckerberg decides to add a Relationship Status to profiles. Either way, I hadn't changed mine in years, and this happened this week:


Great way to quickly spread the news without having to spend hours on the phone, and the lovely bonus of hearing from people you haven't heard from in a long time who you probably wouldn't have called.

But then we get to the whole subplot on advertising. Please note that this screenshot was taken 24 hours after the engagement, and 9 hours after I posted it on Facebook (though I'm sure it was there instantaneously):


Seriously, Zuckerberg? You kicked your co-founder out of the company for wanting to sell advertising, and now it's come to this? 

Dislike.

1 comment:

  1. I know! When mine went to single it suddenly inundated me with ads for dating sites. Get OUTTA here with that garbage.

    ReplyDelete